Friday, February 22, 2013

My Prioritization SchemeCame in Handy Today

That's the one tool I've never been that comfortable with because  it just seems so arbitrary and probably a little too specific.  However, if you have followed this blog from last summer you may remember that the scheme came in handy when I was working on the iPhone version of this app while putting my house on the market and pursuing some opportunities at work.  Today, I had multiple things on my plate and was feeling a bit overwhelmed.  The prioritization matrix helped me feel better once I had things prioritized, which helped me start my to-do list a little bit quicker and I think finish it a bit quicker.  The scheme also helped later in the day when I learned  that work was going to cut into some vacation time I had tentatively planned.  Again, when I reviewed the scheme I realized what was most important at this time and that my vacation can be put off a week or two.  That helped my mood a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment