Saturday, February 23, 2013

Using the Daily Goals

A few months ago I changed how I use the Daily Goals function of the Tools.  What I did was start entering up to 3 items on each line of the things I will tackle on a given day. When I originally created the tool I would put one item per line.  That usually wasn't enough on any given day, but if I knocked stuff off my plate in the morning I would simply update the list at lunchtime.  However, last summer when I was working on multiple items, such as work, this app, and selling my house, I realized that on certain days there were lots of things to get done.  At that point I started putting multiple items on each line, though grouped such that home stuff would appear on one line, work on another, and whatever else on the last line.  Even though my workload has subsided since then, I continue to list a couple of items on each line.  This is working pretty well though sometimes I allow myself to skip a review of the daily goals at mid-day because I know I haven't completed the list.  I think I need to stop skipping the review at mid-day and push myself to review the list.  I think reviewing the list and recognizing my accomplishments will be a good thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment