Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Reminders

Every now and then I'll take the time to review how I came about some of the features of Mood Sentry.  This is one of those times.  The reminders started out as pop-up notices in my e-mail program.  I programmed Microsoft Outlook to open a document first thing in the morning that had about of page of things related to the typical distortions I encounter during my work day.  It also had some suggestions in regards to how I could mitigate the impact of those distorted thoughts.  At lunchtime another reminder would pop up and prompt me to recognize what has gone well so far on that day.  There was no evening reminder until I created the app.  I mentioned in a recent post that when I created My Experiences I took the morning reminders and broke them into individual distortions with their typical manifestation and a suggested mitigation.  The morning reminder now prompts me to review My Experiences and some of the tools in the app.  It's essentially the same as that page I used to read, only a bit easier to deal with on the phone.  The mid-day reminder has grown from the original manifestation into something a little more complex.  The evening reminder was really an off-shoot of the ideal self tool.  My thought for the evening reminder was simply to take some time once the day has settled, reflect backward and then reflect forward to tomorrow and hopefully wind down before bed.  You can change the reminders to whatever you want.  I'd start with something simple.  Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment