Saturday, February 2, 2013

Just Deleted All My Android Files...

I accidentally just deleted all my Android files for Mood Sentry.  Well, that's not quite accurate, what I did was delete the working directories with all my files.  Yes, I have an automatic backup program that runs constantly, and I back up every build that I put into release.  Still, there were plenty of distorted thoughts related to this incident.  It'll take me all night to correct this!  I'll never get this back to the way it was!  The backed up files won't be the same as what was released!  And a few other thoughts.  I recognized these as distortions and used logic and reason to counter them.  The released code was the easiest to back up, because I save those locally to my machine.  It's the beta versions that are taking the longest.  Even if it does take all night to complete the back up, that's fine.  It's not as if I need to be at my machine the whole time.  These things happen, though this is a first for me, but it appears that I was well prepared for just such an event.  Why don't I give my self credit for being human, recognizing that, and being prepared?  Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment