Friday, February 1, 2013

A Good Day

I had a pretty good day.  I did a quick review of my entries in Mood Sentry in the morning and another quick review of my entries at lunch time.  I had some mild porpoising in and out of a lowered mood throughout the day.  I was usually able to catch the typical suspect thoughts that relate to conflict and things getting out of hand.  I think part of my forecasts of conflict is a type of hidden discounting the positive.  By that I mean that I'm not taking into consideration the amount of coordination and communication I do to keep things on track.  Because I do that, and seem to do it pretty well, things tend to not get that far out of hand.  So why the forecasts?  I took the time to re-read those activity logs I kept for 9 work days and that's one of the realizations that popped out at me.  Not only could I see in those logs that things usually don't get out of hand, it was quite obvious from those logs that I stay in communication with my teammates and do the things I need to keep the project on track.  I wonder what else will pop out at me on further review of those logs.  You can go back a couple of weeks in this blog to see what I did on those activity logs.  I think they were a good exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment