Monday, February 4, 2013

My "Getting Started" Observation

Yesterday I mentioned an entry I used to get me moving on an update to the app.  I reviewed that entry and edited it a bit today. I'll share it with you.  Note that ..

"Getting started can be tough for me.  It's not just the initiation of a project or task, but even getting started on a continuing task on a given day is a challenge.  I forecast a quagmire, bogging me down to the point that I not only don't finish the task in question, but the rest of my day is shot too.

If I don't finish the planned tasks, then I failed.
If I don't get anything else done, then I failed.
If I start i'll get mired in a problem that I will need to finish.

These are exaggerations. Quagmires are rare. Most times things get done.
Getting started helps. Just set a small goal and shoot for that. This has helped in the past."

That's it.  It's simple and helps me push myself over the hump and get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment