Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Kind of a Just Do It Day

I gave myself a task this morning to contact some different groups regarding work opportunities.  It seems I will have the time to support these other groups in a month or so and figured I would pulse them today and see if they had anything for me.  I've never contacted these groups before and didn't know how they'd respond to an out of the blue inquiry like this.  I'm often concerned that I'll say, write, or do something inappropriate and be chastised for it.  However, I'm getting better at challenging those thoughts and pushing myself through the associated inertia to just do it and get the job done.  I was glad I did.  It seems that at least one group may have something for me to work on, which is a good thing.  This evening I was reviewing my app and came across a couple of custom entries of mine, one related to pushing through the inertia associated with tasks like this and one associated with interactions with people I don't know.  That second custom entry is a new one and not quite filled out.  I'm looking forward to interacting with some new people so that I can finish that second custom entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment