Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Was Under the Weather Today

I got to work, but was feeling a bit low.  Sinuses congested, throat scratchy, and muscle ached.  I felt bad and my mood was low.  I think my depression got the better of me because I went home after a 1/2 day and napped/rested for a chunk of the afternoon.  I started feeling better physically, but not mentally.  I was really feeling depressed.  What I then did was attack my mood.  I pulled out Dr. Burns' book "Feeling Good" and started perusing that.  I then pulled out another book I have targeted at adults with Asperger and worked on a couple of items in that book.  The items relate to difficulties at work which is something I recently started addressing.  Actively addressing my condition, be it recording my thoughts in the app, reading one of my books, or doing something physical usually makes me feel better.  This evening I walked to a local grocery store and did a little shopping.  By the time I got home, I was feeling a bit better. I think it was the sum of all the things I did this afternoon and evening that made me feel better, not just the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment