Saturday, January 12, 2013

Modified my Morning Reminder

I had another day where I was procrastinating on a couple of items.  Same thoughts of the task turning into a quagmire or something like that.  This being the second day of such thoughts prompted me to take action.  What I decided to do was modify my morning reminder.  When I modify an example, the first thing I do is remover the "Example:" at the start of the entry.  This makes it clear to me that I modified the entry.  What I did next was add a line at the end of the morning reminder that reads: "Keep in mind that tasks are rarely as bad as you forecast."  That's simple.  However, that made the reminder unduly long.  This reminder was somewhat long to begin with.  I didn't like that, so I looked for something to remove.  I ended up removing the "Think about your automatic thoughts..." sentence.  I think the reminder is still useful and now includes something related to a thought pattern that has been getting in my way recently.  I'll see how this works.  If I need to modify it, that's fine.  Modifying entries to accommodate new and emerging insights is what the app is designed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment