Friday, January 25, 2013

Pop-Up Tasks

For the past couple of days, I've had these tasks pop-up at the end of the day.  Being me, I forecast that I'll never get home, that I'll need to be at work all night, that I won't complete the other things I have to complete that day.  Not one of these thoughts came true.  All the pop-up tasks were completed in a relatively short time, and are now recorded in the activity log I've kept.  But that's not the point of this entry.  This evening I was reviewing my Event Log in the Tools section of Mood Sentry, and guess what I found?  An event related to pop-up tasks.  It basically described what's happened in the event description widow.  Here's what I have in the mitigation window...

"Not everything has to get done today.
Prioritize.
Look for things that can be delayed.
Consider that many things can be completed quickly, such as the pop-up or the other things to do."

Just some self talk to bring me back to a more realistic mindset.  I've been so focused on my activity log these past two weeks that I've only briefly reviewed Mood Sentry on any given day.  I have some good stuff in there, but I need to review it every now and then for it to be effective.  I'll review more of my entries this weekend and see what other tidbits I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment