Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Got Out of the Office at Lunch Today

Getting out of the office during lunch is something I used to do quite frequently but haven't been able to do that often recently.  It's good for me to get away from the stress and commotion and reflect back on my morning.  Today I went to a local Starbucks.  I took the opportunity to pull out my phone and peruse my entries in Mood Sentry.  Sometimes I feel a bit self conscious reviewing my entries in the office, but I never feel that way at a coffee shop.  I reflected back on my morning, reviewed My Experiences and some of my tools like the Essays and Ideal Self.  Doing this helped me re-frame the morning and center my thoughts.  The main reason I created Mood Sentry was to have my thoughts and experiences at my fingertips, any time, any place.  Even though I was in a public place, I still felt as if I had plenty of privacy to reflect on my thoughts this morning.  I had several things that upped my stress and depression, mostly related to things not getting done. Plenty of opportunities for should statements and forecasts.  I was able to identify the scenarios that were driving my mood, and able to counter most of the associated thoughts.  I returned to work a bit more relaxed, relatively speaking, and had a pretty good afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment