Thursday, January 3, 2013

Planing to Demonstrate Mood Sentry

I'm planning to demonstrate Mood Sentry to some local (Long Beach, CA area) therapists.  It will take a week to print the post cards and mail them out, which means I won't be able to demonstrate the app for a couple of weeks.  My thoughts are waffling between having a constructive interaction and having a confrontational interaction.  That's the all or nothing thinking I'm prone to poking its head up.  I've been able to capture these thoughts as they come up.  I forecast that I'll be ridiculed for thinking that I can make an app to help others or for making this app without any training in the field of psychotherapy.  I counter these thoughts by imagining people showing up generally interested in checking the app out to figure out if it can help them in their practice, and giving me open/honest feedback.  I'm wondering how many other apps do this, or do they just publish and forget?  There's 2 more thoughts that go through my mind, one is that nobody will RSVP or show up, and the other is that all the therapists I contact will RSVP and show up.  The second one is unlikely.  I'm not sure about the first, but if that does in fact happen then I'm in the same boat I am now.  No worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment