Monday, January 21, 2013

Not my Typical Monday

I did not use Mood Sentry until lunch today.  I jumped right into this activity log exercise I've been practicing, by opening an e-mail and recording what I was doing.  I continued to record things throughout the day.  For pop up items, is set the expected time to N/A, but still record the actual time it took.  I record my forecasts for all tasks as well as how things actually went.  I have lots of forecasts regarding tasks bogging me down for the rest of the day and turning confrontational for some reason.  Those reasons for confrontation are sometimes due to an error on my part or perhaps my intruding on someone else's time.  However, the more data I collect the more I see that these are rarely the cases.  In fact, for the 5 days I've been recording my activities, I have yet to encounter one of these confrontational events.  So why the forecasts?  I know I have a natural tendency toward black and white thinking.  That's probably part of it.  But there's probably more.  I'll keep recording my activities, time estimated and actual, and forecast about how things will go and how things actually went.  I think there's something here.  Regarding Mood Sentry, I'll fire it up in a moment and set some goals for tomorrow.  I have a couple of things I want to make sure I address tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment