Friday, January 11, 2013

Was Procrastinating Today

On just one item that I needed to start.  What I did was work on other tasks in the morning.  Why wasn't I starting that one item?  I think I was forecasting getting bogged down in the task and realizing that it was a much more involved effort than anticipated.   Or it had something to do with spending a lot of time on the task only to realize I did the wrong thing.  Something along those lines.  I'll group both of those under forecasting.  Anyway, after lunch I found some time to review my entries in the app and I have a couple that are relevant to starting new tasks.  Both essentially say the same thing, which is to just do it.  More often than not tasks don't turn into quagmires and I do generate something useful.  That got me started on the task, which is a presentation due in a week or so.  I wanted to start it because I'm not exactly sure what I want to include in the presentation, and starting it now will let me investigate a couple of options.  The app helped today, but why don't I just remember that tasks usually don't turn into quagmires?

No comments:

Post a Comment