Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Caught Myself Forecasting This Morning

I woke up early, before my alarm, and caught myself forecasting conflict and doom for the day.  Because I caught myself, I was able to address these thoughts.  I tried some of the counter thoughts I have in the app.  For example, I was forecasting conflict in regards to a meeting I had schedule, so I imagined a great meeting in which we all got along.  That helped improve my feelings of anxiety.  I did the same for a couple of other thoughts related to things not going well.  It turns out the counter thoughts were closer to reality than those forecasts.  I reviewed Mood Sentry when I got in to work to reinforce those counter thoughts.  My mood was up and down during the day, but I don't think the swings were that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment