Thursday, January 24, 2013

Continuing with the Activity Logs

Just to recap, the format is...
Task; Planned: x minutes, Took: y minutes; Forecast:...; Actual:...;
I also include a self assessment at the end of the day that simply states "How'd I do?"
Keeping these activity logs is helping me see that my forecasts are usually incorrect, and kind of extreme.  After tomorrow I should have 9 solid work days of records.  I was reviewing the 8 that I have today which is somewhat uncomfortable for me.  Reviewing these entries drives home how prevalent my forecasts of conflict and lost free time really are.  However, I also see that these forecasts are more often wrong than correct.  I'm trying to figure out how I will use the group after tomorrow.  I'm thinking of looking for common themes, grouping them, and then attacking each group.  I can also really dig and see if I can find the core belief that drives each group.  I'm still working on this.  At a minimum, I can tune some of my entries in Mood Sentry to better address a specific group.

No comments:

Post a Comment