Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Another Pretty Good Day

Those thoughts I had about things going to heck the first day back from the break were just that, thoughts.  They never manifested as reality.  Yet I've done that to myself for quite some time.  Back in Junior and Senior high school, I would wake up early in the morning fretting on the day.  I would put my homework off until then, giving me something to do.  I'd go downstairs and finish my homework, then get ready for school. I don't think that was the best way to deal with thoughts like that.  I'm better at analyzing and challenging those thoughts now.  Mood Sentry helps me track my thoughts and develop counter thoughts to those that are distorted.  I'm not too sure about how to handle distorted thoughts in the early morning, because picking up my phone and trying to read my entries is tough at that time of day.  I've used the app enough, and reviewed my entries enough, that I can pretty much remember many of my entries, and maybe that's the best I can do at this time.  I'll sleep on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment