Friday, January 4, 2013

Feeling a bit Overwhelmed Today

I had lots of little things to do today, and the number of variety of these things had me feeling a bit overwhelmed.  I know that I have a tendency toward all or nothing thinking, and the thoughts driving this feeling had to do with completing everything on my plate today.  If I can't complete it all, then somehow I'm a failure.  There's a label for you.  What I ended up doing was focusing on the most important items and try to get those done.  It's funny in a way, but those items really didn't take long to address.  I had those done by lunch.  So I then attacked a couple of other items that I've put off but felt I needed to address.  I completed both of those too.  Finally, I realized I needed to get something done before tomorrow, and guess what?  I completed that too.  Today will be a good day to reflect back on in the future.  This is typical for me.  I fret about having lots of things to do on a given day, but usually end up completing them or at least the important ones.  So why worry?

No comments:

Post a Comment