Monday, January 28, 2013

Had an Interesting Day Today

I was getting into and out of a mild depression today, triggered by my usual thoughts of conflict and lost time.  I got a lot of things done but few of them were on my Daily Goals list.  However, I'm still feeling pretty good about my accomplishments because I got things done that needed to get done.  The stuff on my daily goals list can be finished tomorrow, so the list will stand for another day.  I made time to review the app which I think kept those thoughts from driving me into a deeper funk than I experienced.  I reviewed the app three times today, morning, noon, and this evening.  I also made time to review those activity logs I created over the past two week this evening.  When I did that I just did a quick read through of  the logs.  What popped out at me during that read through was that I often have things run longer than planned, but only a little longer and they rarely if ever consume my day.  I also often have things run shorter than planned, and often things run as planned.  All these drive the point home that there really are few if any reasons to worry about losing time due to some unforeseen issue.  I spent some time today thinking about my tendency toward all or nothing thinking and how that can drive some of my forecasts.  I thought about a lot of things today, and had a few realizations.  I think that's what I found interesting about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment