Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Task Timer

I added the Task Timer tool a couple of updates ago and must confess that I've only used it a couple of times.  I had this idea that I would use it for several things I do on a weekly basis, but to be candid, I just don't think of using it that often.  When I forecast that an activity is going to take an inordinate amount of time to complete, I usually address the thought through past experiences and task breakdown (looking at individual pieces that I can better estimate in regards to duration).  The reason I use those methods is because my symptom is a reluctance to start the task, something that using the timer really doesn't help with.  I'm not going to remove the tool, and will consider using more often in the future.  I just felt like sharing that this is one of the tools that I don't use that often.  Any of you use it?

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment