Monday, March 17, 2014

Having a Tough Time these Days

I've been having a tough time over the past few weeks, mostly caused by stress related to work.  I've been using Mood Sentry to challenge my thoughts which are mostly related to my anxieties associated with contacting other people as well as overgeneralizations related to getting stuck in the same job for the next decade, which helps a little but still leaves plenty of stress and anxiety in me.  One symptom is a lack of sleep, which really doesn't help with situations like this.  I discussed this with my therapist today, who helped me explore some of my thoughts and start thinking about what else I can do.  One thing I'll do if I don't sleep well tonight is talk to my primary care physician about my current challenges.  Perhaps a sleep aid might be in order.  Another thing I'll do is start working on a career change.  I may be able to orchestrate such a change with my current employer, but I also might take a leap and go back to school for a more substantial career change.  I have to figure this one out.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment