Monday, March 24, 2014

Mental Filter

I was reviewing My Experiences this evening and had a realization regarding Mental Filtering.  In the example, which is from my own experience, I state that this distortion usually involves an event or result.  This evening I realized it can involve an aspect of my job or life that can trigger this distortion.  The specific aspect involves interacting with others, which can drive anxiety and depression.  Once I start thinking about interactions I can find myself focusing on all the negative aspects of my job.  I have some observations and essays related to interactions and I'll see if any of those can help with these thoughts.  I've been reviewing my experiences for years, but every now and then something new can pop up and help me better understand what drives my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment