Sunday, February 9, 2014

Where to Start?

New to Mood Sentry and wondering where to start?  For me, I started with the My Experiences function and the Reminders.  I created both from a write up I created for myself and programmed (via Microsoft Outlook) to pop up on my computer when I started my mail service.  When I ported that function to the phone, I decided to split it into two functions, and then split each into multiple drop down menu items.  Doing that captured the gist of the original write up and worked better with the small format of the phone.  Regarding My Experiences, it's meant to be overwritten with your own experiences.  Yours are probably different than mine.  If you check out the hints, they just might help a bit.  Note that the hints usually tell you at some point to work with your therapist.  I don't say why, such as to better understand the specifics of each distortion or to help you capture in a succinct manner the text for the manifestation and mitigation for a specific distortion.  It's your app and your challenge.  Good luck.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment