Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl Stuff

The Super Bowl is just a game.  I know that, and figure you do too.  However, I found myself feeling really bad during the game and tracked it down to some should statements.  Before the game, I was talking to my dad and stated that I thought Denver was going to win.  If you saw the game, you know I was way off on that prediction.  I tracked the thought down to something like I shouldn't have said Denver would win or I should have known that Denver wouldn't win.  I captured this in an Event record after the game.  I challenged both thoughts.  Why shouldn't I have said that?  It's what I thought at the time.  Why should I have known differently?  I haven't been following football that closely this year, I didn't follow the sports commentary regarding the game, and I didn't read the sports columns either.  I see should statements here, but also a tinge of perfectionism.  This detracted from the game for me, but challenging these thoughts with counter thoughts has helped me feel a bit better.  I'll work on this entry a bit and see how it develops.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment