Friday, February 14, 2014

Made Good Use of Mood Sentry This Evening

I had another rough day, lots of stress going on at work due to high workload and pressing deadlines. I didn't make the time to get away from my desk today because I just couldn't find the opportunity.  However, while strolling with my wife after dinner we stopped by a coffee house for a couple of decafs, and at that time I pulled out my phone and reviewed My Experiences with my dat in mind.  Doing that helped me decompress a bit, which is a good thing.  I was able to recognize how All or Nothing thinking was influencing my mood to a great extent and identified some mitigation thoughts, I also noted how a Mental Filter was being applied which made me stop for a second and reflect back on the things that have been completed on this hectic project.  Sometimes I get so focused on what has not been completed that I forget all the things that have been completed.  I also noted a couple of other distortions that occurred.  My point is that even on those days that I don't make the time to use Mood Sentry during the day, picking it up at night can still help me battle the thoughts that seem to taint my mood.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment