Monday, February 3, 2014

A Day Full of Forecasting

I just had this day that seemed full of forecasting.  I had multiple interactions pending that I needed to address but for each I was forecasting confrontations, quagmires, or getting myself into something that I couldn't get myself out of.  NONE of these came true.  In fact, things either worked out well or were neutral.  I have entries related to this phenomenon but I neglected to review them earlier today.  Maybe it would have helped me deal with these thoughts/feelings, maybe not.  I did make the time to review these entries this evening which is now helping reduce my stress a bit.  One trick I've documented in my app for myself and something that I made use of today is that when something is bothering me, facing into it quickly is better than procrastinating and letting it fester.  I did that on a couple of things that were bothering me and I felt better when I did, until I remembered the next item I had to deal with and the forecasts started again.  I'll keep working it.  I don't need to be perfect.  I'll catch what I can and mitigate what I can.  That's good enough for now.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment