Monday, February 10, 2014

Have You Tried the Reminders?

Yesterday I posted about using My Experiences and the Reminders, but I spent a bit more of the entry on My Experiences.  So, let's talk a bit about the Reminders.  As I mentioned yesterday, I used to have a sheet pop up in the morning with some thoughts about how distortions typically manifest during my day and how I could counter those thoughts.  My Morning reminder essentially tells me to review My Experiences with my day in mind, and tells me a couple of other things to do too.  That effectively replaces the sheet I used to have pop up on my computer.  I also used my computer to set a mid-day reminder that simply asked "What has gone well today?"  The idea behind that was to get myself to stop and reflect on the things that are going well.  My Mid-Day reminder is essentially that, though it too has a couple of other things thrown in.  The evening reminder was new to Mood Sentry.  I didn't really have anything pop up on my home computer because it was often off later in the evening.  All three reminders are meant to be tailored to the user.  I have no idea if you need to prompt yourself to action, and if so, what form that prompt may take.  Like My Experiences, there are hints to help, and of course I always recommend discussing this with your therapist.  Good luck.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment