Thursday, February 27, 2014

Today was OK

Today was OK from a Mood Management point of view.  We're still in the hectic phase at work, and there are plenty of opportunities for distortions.  One thing I noticed is that it's not uncommon for my thoughts to get the better of my mood at first, when something unexpected happens, but I'm getting better at challenging those thoughts and getting them under control.  For example, this evening I realized that one of the places I need to enter data to submit my project has a lot of detail I'm not sure I can get.  I've never gotten those data.  The first thoughts were that the whole thing is ruined, and I should have checked on this data entry earlier.  These thoughts really cranked up my fear and anxiety.  However, I was able to get them under control, in part by recognizing that I really don't know how bad it is, and won't know until tomorrow.  I thought about what I'll do tomorrow, and how I'll figure out how bad it is or if it's bad at all.  Recognizing the possibility that things can go well helped a bit.  I'm more relaxed now and think I'll be able to sleep tonight and start the day fresh and ready to tackle this issue.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment