Saturday, September 1, 2012

Tough Day Today

I think it was an issue with the offer on the house that set me off and tainted just about everything that I thought of.  When I look at this issue objectively, it's not that bad.  I'm using "should" statements in regards to this issue, such as the buyers should just agree with me.  However, that's not realistic.  They should tell me what they would like and what they think, which is what they did.  Once the shoulds took hold, then came the forecasting.  I don't have the time to do this (forecast, overgeneralization).  Then the other things in my life got dragged into this.  I won't have time to update the app.  Between the house and work, I'll never have time to work on the app or on my volunteer activities or read my magazines and books.  Overgeneralizations and forecasts.  I often think I won't have time to have fun or yo do the things I think are interesting.  The reality is that I usually do have time for other pursuits.  Unfortunately, when I do these other things I often find myself ruminating on distorted thoughts.  I'm thinking these thoughts may actually be the result of perfectionist thinking.  I'll work on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment