Saturday, September 15, 2012

Had an OK Day Today

Spent the day with several other people on a hike.  I did not prepare to be around other people like I often do, and as such I think I tended to keep a little distance between myself and the others.  I just reviewed how I prepare for events like that, and I think it would have been better had I prepared.  I had a good time anyway, as did the others on the trip.
This evening, two things kind of set me off.  One was a work related phone call that I somehow missed on Friday.  That call set off some Jumping to Conclusions and Magnifications, in the form of scenarios on Monday in which I get grilled for not checking my messages and not helping when needed.  I can counter these based on experience.  I believe the person who made the call may have taken care of the situation himself.  I'll need to check on that.  If not, we'll deal with it on Monday. The other incident tonight involved a comment my wife made in regards to me thanking a person she thinks helped me sell my house.  I think my issue is related to an all or nothing interpretation of her comment.  Something like: if she thinks I need to thank someone else, then she doesn't think I deserve any of the credit for selling my house.  Nothing she said indicates any such thought on her part.  All she said is that she thinks I should thank someone who I don't think I need to thank.  That's all.
I need to review My Experiences before turning in tonight, and maybe enter a new item.

No comments:

Post a Comment