Monday, September 17, 2012

Interesting Day Today

I had a full day planned.  Then I learned that the house should  (not a distorted should, a real should) close this Thursday.  So, work is getting hectic, I'm picking up new projects this week, and now I have to empty my house by Thursday.  One more thing, my house was tented for termites this past weekend and the gas company will only give me a 4 hr window, so I'll need to miss work.  First thoughts: I'll never get everything done; my week is ruined; I should have had more notice of the closing date.  Look at those distortions.  One thing I did was reference the prioritization scheme.  That helped me sort out what's important and what's not.  Then I challenged some of those thoughts and I realized that I'm not alone in this, because my wife will help.  And then I scoped the effort and realized that I probably can get everything out of the house by Thursday.  The new tasks at work are spooling up slowly, which helps.  I took a power walk at lunch, which also helped.  Finally, I got to work packing the remaining things at my house this evening.  Starting on the task can really help defeat some of these thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment