Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Had a Better Day Today

I actively worked my mood today.  I reviewed a couple of "My Experiences" this morning, ones that I thought were relevant to what's driving my mood these days.  Late this afternoon I went back to "My Experiences" and reviewed several more entries and discovered that there were more thoughts at play.  For example, this morning I reviewed Overgenerlizations and Jumping to Conclusions thinking those were some of my main mood drivers.  This afternoon I reviewed those two as well as Magnification-Minimization, Mental Filter, Disqualifying the Positive, and Emotional Reasoning.  I found that all of these have been playing some role in my mood these days, and the identified mitigation techniques helped.  Even though I created all these entries sometimes I still get surprised at how effective they can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment