Saturday, September 22, 2012

Had a Brief Incident Today

Jumping to Conclusions it was.  Mindreading too.  My wife called, telling me that she was looking at a house that just came on the market and thought it was really cute.  I was home waiting for a handyman to come and dig into an electrical issue we have.  She said something that made me think that she wanted me to come and see the house.  I had other plans for my time and thus the thoughts stated jumping.  Things like "she's going to try to coerce me into going to this open house," "she's going to be angry if I don't go," "if I go, I'll never get to the stuff I want to do," "I don't have time for this now, I need to prepare for tonight," "she shouldn't call me when I'm in the middle of something," and more.  I caught these pretty quickly and countered them with cooler thoughts.  I then reviewed My Experiences and some of my entries.  Doing that helped, though once I get excited it can take a little while to calm down.  I have a social event tonight and did some prep-work for that, so I should be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment