Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thinking in Bed This Morning

I tend to wake up early and have done so most of my life.  This morning was no different, and as usual I was thinking.  Thinking about work and how the new projects might evolve, thinking about getting some exercise today, and thinking about my day in general.  Interspersed with these thoughts were reflections on the basic cognitive distortions and how they came about in my life.  I know I'm a little further along the Asperger spectrum than most, and was trying to figure out if that may have been a driver for my depression.  I have a tendency toward dichotomous thinking, which is probably a big driver of my jumping to conclusions.  Either people will support me or they will reject me.  However, in most situations people are somewhat neutral to supportive of me.  So why the negative forecasts?  I'll keep noting the way people react to my input and see if I can wear these forecasts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment