Friday, September 21, 2012

Missed a Post Yesterday

I was supposed to close yesterday, but had issues with the repairs the buyers requested.  Information was sketchy at first.  All I knew was that the buyers were not happy and that my handyman was supposed to contact the buyers' agent to find out what was wrong.  Lots of distortions, such as this will never end, the whole deal will fall through, they are holding up the deal to get more money, and more.  What did I do?  I reviewed my experiences to capture the specific distortions and then created a new entry in my event log.  It helped me capture those thoughts that were distressing me most and calm me, a bit.  I was still anxious over the whole situation, but I was better able to focus on my work and get some stuff done.  Long story short, we recorded the transfer of property with the county yesterday and today I picked up a check for the sale.  This is quite a load off me.

No comments:

Post a Comment