Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sometimes the App isn't the Thing

Social events can really stress me.  It's the constant assault on my senses, in particular my hearing.  I have a tough time focusing on one thing including conversations with people right in front of me.  I've been this way since I was a kid.  I often just need to get away and re-charge with a walk, but even that doesn't always help.  When I'm overwhelmed like this the best thing for me to do is simply get away.  The app can help in situations like this, in terms of challenging thoughts like "I can't take this anymore."  But the real thing to do is simply thank the host and hostess (if applicable), say my good byes, and leave.  I used to think it was rude to leave before most people leave, but I really don't think anyone wants me to feel overloaded.  I have a couple of entries in the app that relate to events like these, and they can help, but like I stated earlier in this post, the best thing in these situations is to simply leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment