Saturday, March 9, 2013

Another Not So Good Night's Sleep

I woke early and had all these thoughts running though my head.  Fretting on work issues and non-work issues.  I think I was just convincing myself that I'm overwhelmed.  I got out and walked this morning with a group of walkers and then kayaked.  The physical exercise helped.  I wanted to pull the app out and review my entries, but for some reason I kept letting other things distract me.  This evening I finally spent some time reviewing my app, after getting one thing done that I have been wanting  to do, which involves documenting some database items.  Getting something done did help me to feel a little better, as it usually does.  Looking through the app, I'm thinking it's emotional reasoning driven in part by a lack of sleep with complications from forecasting and all or nothing thinking.  When I look at my prioritization scheme, I can see that one of the things on my mind at home really isn't that important.  It's a nice to have, but not and urgent thing.  Of the important stuff, I finished reviewing the taxes, so that's done and helps a bit.  I have an update to the app pending.  I think finishing the checkout of the update will help a lot.  We'll see.  I'll review the app before turning in tonight to see if I can get some of these non-important things off my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment