Saturday, March 16, 2013

Emotional Reasoning

Emotional Reasoning is a big thing with me.  It doesn't take much to set me in downward mood and once I get in one it's tough to get out.  The app helps, simply by helping me document what works and providing quick access to what works.  Today I was having trouble with both my computers, my PC and my Mac.  The PC issue had to do with software for backing up my hard drive and the Mac issue had to do with testing the new version of the software on a device.  The combination of both really set me off with thoughts of never getting things done, losing all my free time, and a few others.  The prioritization scheme helped by showing my that some of the stuff I won't get to isn't important.  I did the important stuff.  The daily goals helped because I hit just about all the stuff I had on there, which was pretty good.  I have an observation related to Tough Tasks and an event log related to Pop-Up Tasks, both of which helped me see how things typically pan out (which is pretty good).  Getting in a funk isn't hard for me, getting out is getting easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment