Sunday, March 3, 2013

Doing Better Today

I'm dong better today, at least emotionally.  I've aggravated a nagging back issue, but I know that'll heal soon enough.  I woke this morning in a depressed mood, but managed to start my day with a brisk walk to the grocery store and then tackle some items I had on my to-do list when I got home.  Jumping on some to-do items quickly really helped my mood.  I updated our taxes and I did some reading.  I worked on the pending updates to the apps (both Android and iPhone versions) and pushed them closer to release.  I did a lot of little things, and the best part was that later in the day when I was shopping again, while standing in line for the register I realized that I was feeling OK.  I didn't have that stressful, depressed feeling that has been so common over the past week or so.  That gave me hope.  Sure the feeling is back now, mostly driven by forecasts of what tomorrow will bring at work, but just the fact that I noticed I didn't always feel this way today give me hope.  And that's a great way to end the weekend.  I'll try some of my mitigation techniques for these forecasts before turning in for the night.  I think I can lessen their effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment