Saturday, March 23, 2013

Didn't Review the App Today Until this Evening

I didn't review the app today until this evening.  I think the reason is that I've been fairly busy with work activities and updating the app that I just wanted a break from all of it today.  I found myself ruminating on work stuff and future app updates throughout the day.  I think these ruminations are a type of Mental Filter.  Regarding work, they are related to things that are not going well.  Regarding the app, they are related to the next set up updates that I hope to have done in a month or two and will require some new programming skills.  Looking at my example in the My Experiences for this distortion I tell myself to focus on what's going well.  For work, I have multiple things that are going well.  For the app, that's not really what I need to do.  For the app ruminations I need to focus on my typical learning MO in which I research, try stuff, research some more, try stuff, and repeat until I figure something out.  I have an entry related to learning new things that I'll review later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment