Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Evening Reminder

The evening reminder is kind of busy.  It directs me in two directions, both backward and forward.  The backward direction relates to looking back on my day and reflecting on how things went.  The forward direction relates to looking toward tomorrow and thinking about how I want to behave.  I've been going through a funk lately and have really only been looking backward at how things went.  This evening I did a quick check on how things went and spent some time thinking about tomorrow and how I want things to go. I set some reminders to make sure I hit the important things, which are mostly work related.  Things are getting a little dicey at work right now, mostly related to available budget.  I have to deal with that first thing in the morning.  I'm forecasting conflict and ridicule tomorrow but I'm also pushing myself to imagine things going in a fairly neutral manner.  That's helping reduce my stress this evening.  I know I work with pretty good people and the conflict and ridicule thing rarely happens.  Thinking back, I have some data I kept over a couple of weeks I can review to reinforce.  I just updated my Daily Goals to include a review of those activity logs.  Cool.  I'll see how things go in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment