Monday, January 27, 2014

Had a Squishy Kind of Day

I have not idea why the word "squishy" came into my mind when thinking back on today, but it did.  I had some goals set for today, which is an especially good thing to do on a Monday.  However, little challenges kept popping up throughout my day.  These challenges would hamper my ability to keep my mood in check.  For example, I realized I am overspent on one of my projects, not just a little, but a lot.  I have a new opportunity to pursue, which is going to chew up a lot of my time this month and impede my ability to take vacation.  Also, this new opportunity requires a lot of interaction with people I don't really know and thus don't know how to behave around.  And finally, the new program that just started still doesn't have all its accounting charge lines open.  Each of these nudged me into anxiety/depression, a bit.  Together they made it very difficult to maintain a healthy mood.  So, what did I do?  I just kept working my program, challenging those thoughts I could as best I could.  Sometimes I would do OK, but mostly I found myself depressed and anxious.  I'm going to try getting a good night's sleep tonight.  It's been a while since I had such a sleep, but I think it will help. It usually does.  I'll set a couple of goals for tomorrow before I turn in.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment