Thursday, January 9, 2014

Both Android and iPhone Updates Have Been Released

The updates are finally out the door and should be available in the next couple of hours.  So what's new?  There were extensive changes to the architectures of both the Android and iPhone versions, which was one reason the changes took so long to release.  I needed to do some extra testing to make sure I didn't mess things up.

Other than that, on the iPhone there are changes to the interface to make it more user friendly. For example, the drop down selection menus (such as in My Experiences) used to cover the drop down bar, they no longer do.  The hints on the iPhone are now placed so that the "done" button is near the bottom of the screen, which is closer to the hints button and thus where your finger is.  There was a bug fix or two on the iPhone too.

On Android, I changed the hints feature to a different type of view.  Rather than a full window that takes up the whole screen, it's now an alert view which takes up a little less screen space.  I did a lot of clean up in the Android code, and still have more to go.  I replaced some "deprecated" functions with newer versions and set a flag so that only one instance of the app will be running.  The effect is that if the app is running when a reminder is set to go, the app will jump to the home page rather than launch a new instance of the app.  This isn't the best way to handle this situation and I may modify this behavior a bit in the next release.

If I did things right, neither iPhone nor Android users will notice any issues.  Please use the contact us page or this blog to report any bugs.  I think I did enough testing, but who knows.  There's always something lurking in the depths of the software.

If you'd like to contribute one of your experiences, reminders, any tool entry or just your thoughts to possibly help others make better use of Mood Sentry, please consider e-mailing the item (or your thoughts) to 4theblog@moodappsllc.com. I'll protect your privacy and keep the source anonymous.

If your therapist would like to contact me with questions or suggestions, have him/her contact me at info@moodappsllc.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment