Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Work Stress is Still Getting to Me

Things are not going to ease up at work, which gives me plenty of opportunity to uncover distorted thoughts and keep myself functioning.  Sometimes I have a difficult time capturing the thoughts that are driving my moods.  Today was one of those times.  I think it's forecasting.  Things are kind of tenuous on one project I'm working, and I just "know" that it's all gonna go to hell in the near future.  I'm getting better at recognizing that things can play out well, and usually do.  Perhaps there is some discounting the positive going on, in that I don't take any credit for the planning and preparation I do, as well as the communication that goes on.  Keeping people talking and looking forward really does help identify the best solution.  Maybe things won't go to hell in the near future.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment