Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Reflecting Back on My Day

Taking the time to reflect back on my day was very helpful today.  My day was full due to a Wednesday/Thursday class I'm taking after work.  I was feeling a bit stressed as I prepared to leave for my class, but found the time to reflect back on my day per my mid-day reminder and thought about what had gone well.  Several things had gone well today, in fact everything I did had gone well.  That made me feel a lot better.  Now it's the evening and again, things have still gone well.  The class was very interesting for me and has to do with managing a software development project.  The class applies not only to my real job but this job too.  I'm looking forward to applying portions of what I learn to this endeavor.  If I don't take the time to reflect back on how things actually went, I sometimes find myself with a feeling that things are not going well.  Challenging those feelings is something I have to do at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment