Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Turned 50 Today

Today's my birthday, and I turned 50.  I've struggled with depression since I was a kid, but learned to hide it behind a smile, friendly attitude, and keeping a distance from people.  I tried therapy in college but didn't continue after graduation.  I picked it up again about 10 years ago.  About 6 years ago I learned about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, which has helped me manage my mood.  Since then I've gotten an MBA and gotten married.  Good stuff.  I'm not depression free but I do a better job of managing my condition.  Mood Sentry helps, but only because of the effort I put into it. I'm glad I created the app and hope it's helping others too.  It's not really the app that does the trick, it really is the effort you put into it that counts.  Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment