Friday, April 26, 2013

Do You Use the Reminders?

I initially created both the My Experiences and Reminders functions of Mood Sentry.  I created these based on some write-ups I created for myself which I would review every morning.  These write ups were about a page each, which was a bit much to review on a phone.  So I broke them up into their pieces, which consisted of some text related to my experience with cognitive distortions, and some text prompting me to take some sort of action to manage my mood.  The text prompting me to action turned into the reminders.  Each reminder was initially short and sweet, such as simply asking what's gone well so far?  However, as I used the app more and more the reminders became more complex and involved.  If you're wondering what to do with the reminders, try something simple.  Just remind yourself to do one thing.  Talk about it with your therapist and see what results.

No comments:

Post a Comment