Sunday, April 7, 2013

End of Vacation Blues

My vacation ends today and I have the end of vacation blues. I just feel like there was a lot more I could have done, which I think is driven by a hidden "should" statement, such as there's a lot more I "should" have done.  However, when I reviewed my Evening Reminder tonight I took the opportunity to look back on my vacation and realized that I accomplished a lot.  I didn't post what I did so I'll tell you now.  I visited the Grand Canyon and did some hiking, then went to Sedona, Az, for some more hiking, followed by a night in Palm Springs for dinner and then home.  Today I did some kayaking in the morning and spent a chunk of the rest of the day on Mood Sentry updates.  Looking back on the last week I did a lot and had some good times.  There was more I thought about doing, but I know I hit the high points.  I think I'm focusing on the  stuff I didn't get done and letting that drive my mood.  I'm magnifying the importance of the stuff I didn't get done.  Most of that stuff was catching up on my reading, which I can do at home as well as on the road.  I'm feeling a bit better now that I've put things in perspective.  I set some goals for tomorrow, which will probably be a fairly busy day.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment