Friday, April 12, 2013

Getting Ready for a New Release

This is always an anxious time for me.  Getting ready for a new release.  I'm always concerned about releasing something that crashes, or worse, loses your data (or mine).  I tend to do a lot of testing, then cogitating on the results, then more testing, more cogitating, until I'm finally comfortable with the release.  My feeling is that I'll be ready for a new release within a week.  The android users will see it quickly, the iPhone users will need to wait for the iTunes store review.  I'll post more about the features later.  Right now, I'll talk about my thoughts during a release cycle.  I think the big driver is disqualifying the positive, feeding my tendency toward all or nothing thinking.  I may not be giving myself credit for all the work I put into a new release, which then feeds my tendency toward all or nothing thinking with negative thoughts.  I do put a lot of testing into the app, and of course a lot of thought goes into the design too.  I test as I build it, and then I test once it's complete.  This may impact other things I do too, such as the stuff I do at work.  I put a lot of thought and effort into my work tasks, and may not be giving myself credit for all I do.  This is the gist of my "Disqualifying the Positive" example in the My Experiences function.  However, I'm looking at is as a driver of my All or Nothing thinking tendency.  I'll think about this some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment