Sunday, December 16, 2012

Was Stressing Today

I think I finally figured out what was up.  I had several things I wanted to work on that were related to, work.  I addressed most of them, but not all.  I have this nagging feeling that I "should" have done everything I thought of.  That's that all or nothing thinking popping its head up, as well as a should statement.  I can get this way on Sundays.  I look at what's on my work plate, and think that I need to really clean that plate off before Monday starts.  The all or nothing drives that, but so does some forecasting.  I forecast the when I go to work I'll find something in my inbox that requires my immediate attention and takes up the rest of my day.  Thus, I won't get anything done tomorrow.  How did I fight this?  One way was with my prioritization scheme, which showed me that I hit the important stuff.  Another was reflecting back on what I have done, rather than what I still have to do.  That helped me feel a sense of accomplishment and is what my mid-day reminder is all about.  I also reflected on a couple of entries related to stress and tasks and stress and people.  Feeling a bit better now.  Tomorrow will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment